Whom should I consult for drug addiction ? And why? +A mental health professional like a Psychiatrist is the right person, since as part of their training, they deal with… Read More
Why some people become addicted to drugs while others don’t ? +People of any age, sex or economic status can become addicted to a drug. However, certain factors can affect the… Read More
How can drug addiction be diagnosed? +A definitive diagnosis of drug addiction usually occurs after an evaluation by a psychiatrist, who as part of their training… Read More
What are the warning signs that a friend or a loved one is using drugs? +If you’re worried that a friend or family member might be abusing drugs, look for the following warning signs: Bloodshot… Read More
How can we prevent drug abuse in children /adolescents? +Take the following steps to help prevent drug abuse in your children /adolescents : Communicate. Talk to your children about the… Read More
What complications can occur due to drug addiction ? +Drug addiction (dependence) can create a number of complications. They can include: Health problems. Drug addiction can lead to a… Read More
How is drug addiction treated? +Treatment for addiction varies widely according to the types of drugs involved, amount of drugs used, duration of the drug… Read More
If you’re worried that a friend or family member might be abusing drugs, look for the following warning signs:
- Bloodshot eyes.
- Changes in appetite or sleep patterns.
- lack of interest in physical appearance or personal grooming habits.
- Unusual smells on breath, body, or clothing.
- Tremors, slurred speech , appearing lethargic or drowsy.
- Frequently missing college or work, or a drop in college grades / performance at work .
- Unexplained need for money . May borrow or steal to get it
- Engaging in secretive or suspicious behaviours. Demanding more privacy; locking doors; avoiding eye contact; sneaking around, spending extra time in toilet/bathroom.
- Sudden change in friends, favorite hangouts, and hobbies.
- Frequently getting into trouble (fights, accidents, illegal activities)
- Unexplained change in personality or attitude.
- Sudden mood swings, irritability, angry outbursts .
- Appears fearful, anxious, or paranoid, without reason.
- Similarly finding needles and syringes at home(not used for medical reasons), spoons / aluminium foil or fingers with burn marks, small plastic pouches with white or brown residue, or missing money, valuables, or prescriptions at home.
Dr. Sumeet Inder Singh
Dr Sumeet Inder Singh is among the best senior consultant PSYCHIATRIST AND DEADDICTION SPECIALIST in Chandigarh India.
M.D.(Psychiatry), C.C.S.T.(U.K.).He has also been conferred upon the special distinction of SEXOLOGIST by the AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SEXOLOGISTS (U. S. A.).
- Whom should I consult for drug addiction ? And why?
- How is drug addiction treated?
- Why some people become addicted to drugs while others don’t ?
- Is depression treatable?
- What influences the ability to tolerate stress ?
- What is the duration of treatment?
- What are symptoms of Depression?
- How can I cope with stress?
- What is depression?
- What should I do if I am depressed?
- Will life be normal again after depression?
- What are the reasons for becoming depressed?
- What are the warning signs that a friend or a loved one is using drugs?
- What are the symptoms?
- What is stress?